What we are doing about Coronavirus at PTS
Coronavirus is spreading rapidly throughout Britain and at Primary Teaching Services we are taking the news extremely seriously.
Preventing Spread of Infection
We are following the UK Government guidelines which are as follows(1):
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Catch it, bin it, kill it
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
The measures that PTS have put in place are that every member of staff or visitor that enter our building are asked to wash their hands straight away with soap and water. All employees are then washing their hands throughout the day to prevent the spread of any infection. Our design team have made some great 5 step posters on how to wash hands properly which are displayed above each sink.
There is also a cleaning rota in place where we wipe down workspace areas, all door handles, stair bannisters, bathrooms and the kitchen on a daily basis with recommended cleaning products. We are putting all used cutlery and crockery straight into the dishwasher, and each evening the dishwasher is put on a hot wash.
How Long the Virus can Survive
The UK Government website has reported that any respiratory virus survives depending on a number of factors, for example(1):
- What surface the virus is on
- Whether it is exposed to sunlight
- Differences in temperature and humidity
- Exposure to cleaning products
The UK Government have advised that under most circumstances, the amount of infectious virus on any contaminated surfaces is likely to have decreased significantly by 72 hours.
We know that similar viruses are transferred to and by people’s hands. Therefore, regular hand hygiene and cleaning of frequently touched surfaces will help to reduce the risk of infection.
Karen White, Managing Director at Primary Teaching Services commented “As a responsible employer I am ensuring that we are following the UK Government guidelines and checking for updates regularly. I want our customers to know that we are taking this news very seriously and following all hygiene advice. I wish you, your pupils, family and friends all the best at this awful time. Please don’t hesitate to contact me or my team on 01772 33 11 11 if you require any further information.”
Alan Lucas, Chairman at Primary Teaching Services commented “The most effective way to prevent the spread of coronavirus is by washing your hands properly with soap and water. This is what I’m advising my staff to do and have provided sufficient amounts of soap at each sink at Primary Teaching Services. Stay safe and keep washing your hands.”